Opening Night Celebration
Opening Night Celebration at The 5 Spot
Saturday, August 9
Nashville loves to throw a party. And when the party is celebrating the 2014 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition, you know Nashville will pull out all the stops. Hosted by the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp, the Music City Center and the Omni Nashville Hotel, 5th Avenue will be transformed into a block party full of entertainment around every corner. And while this will certainly be the hottest party in town, we don't actually want you to melt so there will be plenty of air conditioning and shade provided throughout this indoor/outdoor event.
Make plans to be at the Spot, the 5 Spot. And here are 5 reasons why:
- Past Performance: This is Nashville's third time hosting us and they've got plans to outperform even themselves. They've mastered the "5 Spot": live music, great food, "several" bars, pyro and a cool setting.
- Music: Opening the show will be two of Nashville's newest stars: Charles Esten and Clare Bowen, who play Deacon Claybourne and Scarlett O'Connor on ABC's hit show Nashville. Who will the night's headline performer be? …Oh, you know we can't give away all our secrets! But just to give you a tease, think multiple No. 1 hits and calls Nashville Home.
- Private peek at the Music City Center and Omni Nashville: Just across 5th Avenue, Omni Nashville will be in full party mode with food and drinks flowing from two of their popular restaurants, Barlines (yes, there will be a recording artist there too) and Bob's Steakhouse. You can also walk through the world famous Hatch Show Print gallery space and pop up to Nashville's only downtown rooftop pool and bar.
- Cocktails and Cuisine: Eating and drinking are high on the list of priorities in Nashville. There will be plenty of both spread out in the street, in the shade, in the Omni, in the Center and in the Hall of Fame, so you never have to be without a full plate or a full glass.
- Fireworks: Nashville is "officially" ending the Opening Night with a spectacular five minute fireworks display just for ASAE.